Saturday 16 June 2018

That Summer Air featuring Afamado

Hello my queens,

I have written numerous post about custom-made clothing from Afamado and it is no secret the custom fit clothing can play a miraculous role when it comes to different body types. What brands often have failed to understand that even plus size bodies aren't all hourglass proportionately same. Even in outsize's there are several different body types-not all of us have the ample bosom the voluptuous ass and a tiny waist to match with. Afamado bridges that gap and creates clothing to suit your boldly and not the other way around. Elaborating on to my outfit here I am quite the collector when it comes to wrap dress and I actually favour them 'cos they always wind up above my muffin tops and help me create the perfect illusion. Most brands/labels are using some form of vanity sizing by now, and they are reluctant to unwilling to abandon this strategy which has helped swell the customer self-esteem ( of course keeping in mind it's short-term, for as long as they use the same vanity sizing for all their collection). The problem with vanity sizing is that it leads to false sense of self-esteem as all the bands would not follow the same. This could do much more harm to consumers mind frame than to boost the sales. Which brings me to the dire need of standardization when conflicted with that of bespoke clothing. Bespoke. Which most of us can’t afford, money-wise or time-wise.  Also, If everything was made bespoke and all components manufactured by different individuals then it would likely be uncommon for things to fit well. With all the ranges and variations of our bodies, a good fit is found in clothing that shall be solely manufactured for you, from your unique measurements. And this requires a different manufacturing model; one where profitability doesn’t require multi-thousand item runs of a single size.
It means “fit” is measured not as cookie cutter parameter sizes, however, defined and redefined or standardized, but rather in the way you gauge it: as fitting you. This is what they do at Afamado and understand you, to make it to your fit.












 I got two dresses from Afamado's SS"18 collection -the first dress is a zig-zag printed wrap dress and other an unstitched wrap dress in the most marvelous print. I chose them as per a day and a night outfit that screams summer. You can also avail a special discount of 15 % sitewide when you shop above 2000 INR.

Now talking about the SO-WHAT campaign I had also like to share a video with you. My styling for the outfits was really just about focusing on my outfits really! The earrings are from H & M and heels are Dorothy Perkin. I had really like you to share your So-what story with me and get featured on the blog next.












No comments:

Post a Comment