Tuesday 3 July 2018

That Lux Leathercraft: Töhl


The handbag is our all sorts of essential. For me, it seems I do carry my whole world around-I’m the over packer. I may absolutely need the substantials of what I could probably fit into a clutch but oh well what if? – What is there is a rain deluge? What if I need a quick makeup fic? Or worse what if I need to shave my legs or brushy teeth! Yes, I carry pretty much everything around with me; My colleagues at work literally know I live out of the bag with an extra change in the lockers at the workspace. As much as spontaneous I am with my plan I absolutely believe in over planning.
That demand for constant content, though, means me trying to get multiple partnerships, which is why I need to probably tie up for more brands. But I’m someone who really hasn’t had more exposure any sort of luxuries really – and not to bluff about it. I had rather make and try everything as I work upon myself.
In the handbag department of my closet I have been pretty lucky really ‘cos my dad traveled around the world and while I did not have much exposure to luxury brands I did know more high street brands before most of my peers. I remember hugging on to my precious Cath Kidston backpack in high school!
So when I was gifted the Chiswell bag from Tohl it really was love at first sight. Now I always kinda shopped around at the airports lurking for the sale and bought leather handbags from Aldo, Accessorize and Charles & Keith! Not the greatest quality but certainly that edge in design and functionality that I liked. I’m the kind of person who would build their outfit around one piece whether be it a bag, a blouse or a footwear really!
It just really starts building this capsule wardrobe in my head automatically so if that’s not happening I most likely will not buy the item.

Coming back to the bag it is definitely become my everyday bag for well just about everywhere. I took it to my work and then it found it’s way to  Delhi,Bali, and Goa –I think the Chiswell’s quite the traveler! And this is all in a months time. I will confess not the best place to travel with pure leather but I was too tempted not to!
Today I’m sharing two looks with you-let me know which one do you like better? I may go on and share my workwear looks too later on but I really just spearheaded into styling the bag into a tropical vibe which is not something leather handcrafted bags aspire to be. I think they need to live a little and obviously, I have to show them some major TLC but I’m all for it!












I hope you enjoyed my looks put together and try some for yourself albeit not forgetting the bag! These babies are handcrafted with utmost care.You know what I love about the brand most is it’s relativity to our Indian sensibility and usage. It combines aesthetic and functionality under the crown name of Tohl meaning “skin”.
I will see you soon in my next post which I’m most likely drafting as you read.See you on the other side, my beautiful ladies.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment