Monday 25 June 2012


Deriving  inspiration from the  pep talk in my previous post, 
 I had love to share some commandments  I abide by personally:


1.   Wear Clothes that Fit:  Oh, am I stickler for breaking this rule.  When I feel fat, I wear clothes that try to hide it. I try to wear oversized shirts to cover my mid-section. By fit clothes I mean not to tight or too loose, each cloth can be customised for your body.  However, when I lost a lot of weight, I felt a lot more comfortable sporting clothes that hugged my hips a little more showed off some curves.  I loved how I felt and how I looked.



2.   Experiment: Try and experiment with different styles. You will notice how much more styles you can flaunt rather than sticking to your everyday casuals. For this you need an confidant, a near one, could be anyone from your mother to sister to your boyfriend. You need a strictly honest opinion     and if  if you are sure about rocking it, Well go ahead girl!



             


3. Demand Better Treatment from Healthcare Professionals :  This rule has started to bore me and puts me on an edge every time I go to the doctor. Maybe it's because I haven't been "tortured" by healthcare professionals in terms of my weight.  Have doctors expressed a concern about my weight and the complications it can lead to? Yes.  Being fat is much more than adipose tissues on that tummy,thighs and love handles.
It becomes all the more important if your  family history is  riddled with diabetes and heart disease, I totally understand when he shares his concerns The doctor’s job is to keep me well.  I don't believe for a second that I'm receiving some form of dogmatism when he mentions that losing a few pounds would take the strain off of my knees and would help prevent the diseases that run wild through my family members. 





4.  Find A Way to Move:  Another great rule.  Although I just  can't it through my head around her statement that  being evident  fat oozing at its best, I agree that moving is key to a happy, healthy live - regardless of size.  I do agree that overweight people are often mocked when wanting to participate at gyms.  They often get ridiculed for not wanting to lose weight, and ridiculed when they try.  That I agree with 100%.  Although, I personally haven't ever received anything but support when I attend a gym or want to participate in an active hobby, I know it does happen.Go for walks You may just end up rebonding over it again with an old friend or just make new ones.






5.  Stand Up for Yourself: I agree that many overweight people are bullied and ridiculed because of their size.  I've lived with being taunted and laughed at because of my weight.  I don't like feeling that ridicule.  I wholeheartedly believe that people should stand up for themselves from body haters - and any other form of haters.  No one knows the many possible causes that a person can be overweight.  I'm one of those people that have struggled with being a overweight my whole life, but I also have demons that lead to the huge expansion of my waist line about 10 years ago.  Each person's reasons or demons are different, and no one should ever be ridiculed for that. I will never offer my advice without being asked...and I don't make anyone read my blog I don't believe that everyone is out to belittle overweight people when they offer words of encouragement.


6.Deal With Your Fat: OK, I'll be honest,  Hate me if you will, but I couldn't help it.  When I read about how I should take extra care of drying in between my fat rolls, and taking precautions not to get heat blisters between my thighs, I felt a little queasy.  Not because what she said was disgusting, but because I knew exactly what she was talking about it - and I hated it.  Label it however you want, but I just can't wrap my head around loving my fat rolls.  I just can't.  Believe me, I've tried.  I've often woken up thinking "so what if I'm fat", but a quick trip to the mirror brings me back to reality that I don't like my fat, never have, never will.  I want it gone.  I know that this is the whole point to her entire article, but I just can't find happiness in looking the way I do....and it's what motivates me to keep trying to get rid of it.  I don't want to have to buy a bigger chair, I don't want to take up two spaces at a movie theatre, and I don't want a seat belt extender.  Not because I think there's anything wrong with any of those things - but because none of that makes me happy.  Call me vain, brainwashed, crazy. Whatever it is your opinion about me after this statement but I can never wrap my head around the thought of just being happy being overweight.  I'm happy trying to lose the weight making the effort.  After All that shines does certainly appeal to the eye more than the rest of the world.


7.Lastly There Are Worse Things In The World Than Being Fat:  This rule is short, to the point, and absolutely true.  There are of course far worse things than being fat.  I've made that point countless times over when I put losing weight on a back burner because other priorities fall in to the mix.  Although, I can't help but bring back the point that one worse thing than being fat is being handicapped or suffering from incurable diseases.  Continuing to pack on the pounds could result in an early demise.  I don't want that to happen.  It's not the main reason I'm trying to lose weight though.  My reasons are purely vanity driven.  But, I will say that all of my reasons are purely for me.  I don't feel pressured to do it - I want to.








No comments:

Post a Comment