Wednesday 8 July 2015

Borrowed












 
Another day tending my boredom,I started to scrounge around the house. We tend to forget just how much junk we’ve stashed away in closets and drawers until we start digging into our nearly forgotten summer clothing. Old cell phones gathering dust, an unused hand-me-down crockpot, and dresses that haven’t seen the light of day in years, all just wasting space. It’s time to get rid of that clutter .So I found this amazing bedsheet-a complete collection of covers, duffets and pillow cases. 
This was a set passed by my grandmother to my mother and had sadly been the only hand –me –downs she owned from her mother, apart from the jewellery she refuses to show me until I get ready to get married.

I instantly fell in love with the fabric, the cloth ,the memories. Seems almost surreal, being I’ve never really had the chance to meet my maternal grandmother. I twitched ,hesitated but I asked my mother for the set and she very surprisingly obliged. And that’s the story of my dress translating from sheets to this dresses. Infact it is my mother who stitched it for me and I proudly adorn it as one of my priciest collection.





THE OOTD is just a reminder of my mother and grandmother ,hence I haven’t accessorized at all. The smokey eye and red lip subsides by the vintage feel of this maxi.
Do you have any fond memory of a dress, please do Share yours. Enjoy the post,until next time.

Stay CHIC

Xoxo.

2 comments: