Friday 4 August 2017

A Shades of India Collaboration

ROSSIYA -IN CELEBRATION OF A UNIQUELY RUSSIAN SENSE OF SURFACE DESIGN

Seen here on me is the Pokachi kurta with Digora pyjama.This features a beautiful abstract embroidery adorning the neckline and the glistening silk so light, I could practically live in this.
I have tried to keep the look minimal for both my outfit post and let the clothes speak louder than myself.

Textiles-Indian handlooms are a very new and adventurous avenue to me. The concept of handlooms has almost had a very vague sense of prevalence only to be seen occasionally in my mother or grandmother's closet. They sure seemed the pieces as a kid I got most attracted to but little have I known their importance up until now. Sustainability is in, and several brands are taking up sustainability in an effort to reduce their carbon footprint. But what does sustainable fashion really mean? The term sustainability, like I, always discuss with my mate Sourav Das is a way of life -an approach. It is not a fad that shall fade away and I see the same reflection in Shades of India. I am still in the very process of learning and finding more of insights-more than the hard work & toil of weavers, more than the struggle stories and more than what the designers are doing to revive them. I no longer want to know a brand on their face value but how my clothes are made. I do long to adopt a Slow Fashion approach but not just for the heck of it. It is a process I shall imbibe slowly but steadily to incorporate in m y lifestyle.


I picked up The Shades Story from their website, you can read more in detail here

Shades of India is internationally known as one of India’s most creative textile companies. Led by Mandeep Nagi (Design Director) and David Housego (former UK journalist), the brand combines contemporary design with the inspiring workmanship of traditional craft. The uniqueness of its style lies in the texturing of fabrics, the coordination and contrasting of colors, and the inventive, unexpected use of surface treatment.
The company is acclaimed internationally for originality and inventiveness of its designs and has won various awards including best product awards at shows in Paris and New York. Mandeep Nagi, Design Director, has thrice won the Elle Decor Design Award in India for fabric.





                       

 



I'm wearing another of their kurti from Romaskha collection, inspired Saint Petersburg city.Romashka is also the Russian name for Camomile- a flower and tea popularly available. Wearing the white set was honestly being in my comfort-a zone so unexplored and so unknown to me. I've always been the girl that would take more than a Lil pain if I wanted to explore the trend more and make it my own. Time and again it is so importantly inflicted how fashion has to be painful, uncomfortable-we may speak about chic comfortable clothing but how many time have designers, brands or retailers adhered to the idea of Comfort Chic. Being in this experience has given me a completely different purview of thing around me. TO me this is more than just another handloom label-the sincere effort reflects in each of their pieces. I was fortunate enough to try a few and wear them. The next goal really is to own a few key pieces in my closet.
I really hope you enjoyed this, I absolutely loved writing the piece. With a new keenness in my heart I take my farewell for now.

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment