Sunday 15 October 2017

A day with the artifacts of Bombay ft. Vajor & Love Them Curves

I have always felt that if you knew what you were going to do in advance, you would never do it! The great capability starts when you are curious. And that is absolutely what describes our collaboration for the second time.
I remember watching this TED Talk filmed at TEDGlobal London in September 2015, where Ole Scheeren favors what he describes as the “detrimental straightjacket” of the modernist mantra “form follows function” in approval of a phrase he attributes to Bernard Tschumi, “form follows fiction.”

My relationship to architecture can be described as a need to know basis.I just happened to chance upon times where I could study in-depth the resources available to me through my line of work. It sure as hell was the marvel, it makes me scrutinize the hardship they must have undergone to create something so monumental yet so intricate. I mean we have a world of resources today and yet we fail to get a building to stay for straight 4years.Mumbai has a perfect balance of Neo-Classical to Gothic infrastructure carefully disjointed by the grand effrontery of Victorian eclecticism

When Vishakha came to Mumbai it was that PERFECT time to get touristy again. And south Mumbai is the epitome of what the Britishers left in store for us.It is definitely my favourite part of the city where English meets Bawa and everything seems like a settled chaos.


Of all the cities that I have been to, I can vouch for it being one of the most captivating city,  it's a place that one can feel utterly overwhelming for the first time. Either you hate it or you fall in love with it-The pace is extremely frenetic, the roads frantic, and the whole place seems to thrive off a remorseless energy. I also honestly don't quite understand the idea of comparing two cities-this arguments has given rouse to endless arguments and possibly a crack in friendships. I hold both my cities in a very special place, Delhi is my hometown. There's so much to see that it can be hard to know where, to begin with, for me honestly nothing takes away from the spectacular architecture that remains of the colonial times here. Away from these popular tourist spots, there is so much else to indulge in, from trendy and traditional street food to a game of cricket at the vibrant Wankhede Stadium. When Vishakha came to Mumbai it was that PERFECT time to get touristy again. And south Mumbai is the epitome of what the Britishers left in store for us.It is definitely my favorite part of the city where English meets Bawa and everything seems like a settled chaos.I luckily grew up in an area that displayed extraordinary work-whether it was the school my brother studies in Don Bosco or the ritualistic visits with Dad to the GPO for his stamp collection to shopping with my mum in crawford, the architectural tunes have always played faintly in the background.








 We chose the heart of South Mumbai as our backdrop to signify our second look. It's perfect touristy thing to wear when voyaging around the city. I love how to put together yet comfortable we are in out respective outfits. I absolutely love the way jumpsuit fits and looks on Vishakha and the retro way she styled it. I'm an easy maroon dahlia tunic which is my go-to style. I'm also wearing my hair super straight and long with earrings from Vajor itself and uber comfy loafers for a touch of bling.







The dress makes me feel absolutely comfortable and is the right amount of sexy with a hint of cleavage peeking through these carefully placed buttons and the beautiful pom pom detailing. I truly adore dresses with pockets which I'm sure gets many of us excited.
I hope you enjoy the pictures and our chemistry which has been a pain for ridge and sanky to tolerate. But they always do!

See you super soon in the third look of our collab, Salaam Namaste

XOxo

No comments:

Post a Comment