Sunday 18 December 2016

Festive Desk To Dinner with Calae

A question since time immemorial the Bodycon came into our fashion scene-"Can Plus Size Women wear Body Con dresses?"
I have always lusted over the bandage dresses that enviously, ladies wore and showed off their quite petite frame.
But for me, it has never been a question to stick to a rule/commandment when it comes to fashion. I don't try and limit myself to the do's and don'ts but bodycon can be quite unflattering and really quite a daunting task to wear when one has a paunch like me.

But if I have to answer In a single word YES, and in a few more words – if you can get comfortable with it.The dress definitely hugs you everywhere, all the bumps and curves, in all your magnificence.
So when I got the chance to choose some lovely pieces from Calae I  didn't shy away from choosing this particular dress. Not only does the dress take you from desk to dinner but is absolutely flattering. Being a design Ph.D. student that works and blogs on the side I  definitely have days around the clock. This dress is the perfect answer to my prayers- the black panels fits in the best way possible for a very Indian body type as mine and shows off the right curve. However, I do advise wearing a bodysuit like I do in almost all my short dresses.On my lips I have NYX Lip Suede cream.


I wore my dress paired with my satchel bag from Accessorize India and peep toes from Tresmode.














Now I really wanted you guys to know about Calae not 'cos they would pay me to influence you but genuinely I understand the absolute increasing need of good outfits that we would not think about before going out! I know you ladies and I feel you so much when we have to go through the glares and stares as if not finding our sizes wasn't a punishment in itself really. Here's comes CALAE, an establishing pilgrim to the bold, curvy and style-oriented women. They call themselves a one-stop shop for every kind of plus size clothing that curvy women between sizes 14-24 would need. You can expect to find women clothing like part dresses, contemporary styled sweaters and jackets, shirt, leggings, scarfs and much more.


What I really loved about the brand is their ideology to help its customers embrace their body types confidently and it definitely wants to change the way our society and mainstream media perceive and define beauty.It is evident in their styles and I can say one thing about the brand without throwing shade on other plus size brands is at least they make for some beautiful cuts and silhouettes.On-trends pieces like a bodycon dress or an off-shoulder top are so difficult to find for a big girl like me. 

So I either fend off to shop on international websites or resort to the likes of Colaba, Hill road or Sarojini.The pain to find even one well-fitted dress that would allow me to show my curves is almost painful.I'm a big online shopper having said that I even chose to buy groceries when I live alone. So a website that gives me a one stop solution like CALAE is more than welcome.

You can get the same piece at their website here 

No comments:

Post a Comment