Saturday 19 October 2013

Let's go the Cyndi Lauper way :D "DISCO+GLITTERBALL" LOTD

Evening my puppies,In good spirit may I present to you another Halloween LOTD.

The 80's are back! So this Halloween simply break out the crimping iron, bright eye shadows, blush and frosted lipstick and let your 80's tribute begin. Remember how I was itching to do a disco inspired makeup, so I surfed ,read, watch a couple of videos and end up with my own version of disco makeup. Now in the 80’s it was all about being extremely OTT
 (Over The Top). 80's Makeup- Eighties makeup was heavy. Not so much because we wanted to hide behind it (although maybe just a tad), but because we wanted to stand out. Everything on the face was accentuated with makeup. Some women opted for liquid foundation one or two shades lighter than their natural skin tone so that any bright colours they used would pop more. Eyes were covered in block coloured shadows, from the inner corner to the temple and right up to the brow bone. Smoky eyes in unusual colour combinations is what most on-trend were aiming for all lined with stark black eye-liner on the lower and upper lash line.

No fashionable 80's woman was complete without the perfect winged eye-liner effect. But we are not talking a delicate flick. Eye-liner was applied in heavy strokes, often continuing past the end of the brows with a characteristic winged shape forming between the liner and shadow.

For the hair you have very liberating options of going absolutely crazy .
First being imitate a perm, perms were  way popular in the 80’s.A great alternative if you either use crimpers or simply braid and sleep over it .Hairspray to make your hair stay :D
 Second being  a classic 80’s ponytail. Side pony tails, half way up and half way down after you have crimped you hair .

Third option is an instant touch by adding hair accessories. Items such as scrunchies, headbands and bows were popular in the 80s. For the most authentic affect, select something puffy in a bright colour or bold pattern.

Lastly Tease  your hair. To tease your hair, you take a brush and start low on the shaft of your hair and stroke upwards. Tease hair all over, making sure you get the back. If your hair is layered, start at the top layer and work your way around, finishing with the bottom layer. Also, make sure to tease your bangs well if you have them. After the initial teasing, spray your hair all over well with hairspray, then go back and tease again. Repeat as many times as you feel necessary. Once you've teased, you can carefully flip your hair over as you would to backcomb to create more volume at the crown, or blast it carefully with the hairdryer.

I start with my eye makeup first as there will be some severe fallouts.

Use a scotch tape on the side of your eyes to get that sharp edges.Remember you do not have to be neat with this look the more unblended the look the more 80’s is the mantra here.

First take any creamy white base for the light colours to pop up.Don’t forget your basics love,prime you eyes.I use MAC paint pot and prime and layer it with the NYX jumbo pencil in milk.

Blend the pencil thoroughly taking upto your brows.this shall be you canvas for playing with colours now .

Start with a light turquoise –powder blue all over your lids.Here I used fingers but if you are finicky go ahead and layer on with the flat shader brush.

Next on my crease line I go ahead and use bright pop of pink and extend it towards my inner corners  .


Blend away till your browbone.



Next I add a darker shade of blue on the corners of my eye and blend inwards not bringing it more than ¼ th part of my eye.


Adding more dept to the look I add a purple and layer on to my dark blue ,think of it as a wing liner only doing the  outwards.


Remove the scotch tape  and repeat the same shade on lower lids or you could stop there.


Next is to define my brows and I wanted them really thick. So first I filled them with this NYX auto pencil in dark brown.Next filling all sparse spaces with my brow gel from FACES.

 Since I wanted my brows to stand out for this look I define their outer edges more using a concealer and loose powder.


Next comes the face,here I want to contour my face heavily.So I’m adding a darker concealer from my COASTAL SCENTS  palette and add in the hollows of my cheek.Next using bronzer to add depth.


Using a heavy hand am using PURELY PRO ‘s blush in strawberry.It’s beautiful pink with fine shimmer.


Completing the eye with this glitter liner in ocean and glitter mascara from L.A.SPLASH.



For my lips I use a bright fuschia pink from JUSTGOLD and added pink lip gloss from Sally Hansen Inflation series.


You don’t want to forget the glitter.I love shimmer and here you can go crazy so splatter glitter wherever you want. I used it on the sides of my cheeks and side of my eyes.I used NYX loose shimmer .



Here’s my finished look.







I hope you like the tutorial I had so much fun filming this and I got to wear my favourite denim bow on my head .Wear your nautical stripe tee add a hair accessory ,I chose a spiky headband and you’r good to go !
Seeyou soon in my next post,it’s super fun and inspired by comics :D
Stay Chic,

XOXO





1 comment: