Tuesday 1 November 2016

Clash of prints for Bhai dooj

Greetings my lovely readers

There quite a few mythological stories associated with celebrating Bhai Dooj.For people new to this festival and my friends across the globe reading this,it is similar to Raksha Bandhan.For me this year I haven't really left any occasion to get decked up.




For my today's outfit, I decided to pair up my three separate to make the perfect coordinate. I haven't worn lehenga since ages forget about lehenga choli! But it was the time I took the plunge irst with Sabya lehenga and now with this outfit to show my tummy rolls. I have almost dreaded this for too long to show my stomach that comes with its own stripes and stretch marks. But then again not everything  is perfect and as photoshopped  as the magazine. I felt the exact need to truly accept body positivism and this would my first stint baring my midriff! My needs for traditional wear arises not from occasion to wear them but from the occasional bouts of confidence cycles I have! And getting ethnic wear in my size has always been a trouble, though my love for sarees is undeniable I love my share of kurtis and lehengas but Alas! the limited availability and the pricing put me off . So  whenever I do decide to wear traditional I do end up making something myself with the indulgent dose of inspirations around.(Talk about putting design degree to some use).








The choli is actually a jamawar silk blouse that I wear with most of my sarees in and out. The floral skirt is a cheap bargain I got at one of the fleas in Hyderabad and the dupatta is  borrowed from my mother's closet.
The whole outfits even though has a variety  of prints, textures, and embroideries they seem to work well together with this beautiful meenakari work statement neck piece and earrings. I absolutely love the pieces and would ideally wear just one of them !The jewelry is courtesy of Aquamarine ,I got them from the turner road store in Bandra. Santosh and Sheetal have definitely been so creative with the silver jewelry in terms of the ideation to the finish of the entire product. I definitely can't wait to go back!

My hair is  done meticulously by The Mad Hair Scientist a.k.a. Sanky evrus.

What should I style next on my blog,Let me know?I need your crazy ideas.See you soon in my next post,till then

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment