Friday 7 June 2013

Graphic Liner Series :Part 1

Good morning my dolls .
Let's start the weekend with a bang. I have been wanting  to do a series on Graphic liners.Now the thing with graphic liner  is "Graphic liner is not for the faint of heart". Not only is it attention grabbing, but it has a higher difficulty level than your average eye makeup. If you're up for the challenge, and don't mind attracting a bit of attention give it a try .Statement makeup isn't for everyone but the great thing about graphic eyeliner is that you can take it as far as you want. 

Today I'm going to start with a very wearable graphic eyes and easy steps to achieve it.The two main roadblocks when applying graphic eyeliner I encountered was symmetry and smudging. If symmetry is a problem for you take a tiny brush and lightly sketch out the shape before you go in for a stronger line.

Step1:I start by using primer (Faces MetalliGlow).



Step2 :Sweep any Yellow eyeshadow(Used Nyx Yellow Funk here) all over the lids not taking it too high.


Step 3:Over the shadow apply a cream based orange/gold/copper eyeshadow.(I've used Maybelline Tattoo Eyeshadow in the shade Fierce and tangy).

.

Step 4:Apply a neutral shadow over upto your browbone.(I used MAC's ricepaper here) .


 Step 5:Using a round top brush and brown shadow of your choice smudge and blend through both the shade.We  do not want a distinct line here hence blending is the key.(Instead of a brown eyeshadow I used a Giorgiano's Bronzing Pearls).

 
Step 6:Add a white pencil to your waterline only.The white kohl helps in creating an illusion of bigger eyes.You can skip this step too if you had like.(I'm using Nyx 's Jumbo pencil in Milk)

 Step 7:Now starts the interesting part.Line your eyes as usual,I start from middle without closing my eyes and go over  the natural shape of my eyes.

Step 8:Extend the liquid liner outwards in a winged shape towards your brows.The good thing is it depends totally upon you ,how far you want to take it.Tone it down with  a Q-tip if you want to.


 Step9:Add atleast 2 coats of mascara and voila you are done!

For the lips :I used Faces lipstick (in the shade 411 Poppy Red)and defined the corners of my lips with Faces Kajal to get that defined edge and make my lipstick a wee-bit darker. 

 

For the face I used generous dollop of Garnier BB cream ,Maybelline BB cream stick in Fawn and kept the blush to minimum (I'm wearing Purely Pro's blush in Pretty Pink).


And here's the finish look.


Here's a l'il Lovenote:
If you are worried about the products not being similar  to the one's that I 'm using here please do not fret! This is just a way to showcase the technique that I'm using to achieve the look.Don't be afraid to experiment with colours and use the products that are availble around you.you might just recreate something new!

p.s.: I try and stick to drugstore makeup products so that its affordable and easily achievable.

Hope to hear back from you,
See you soon
XOXO.

1 comment: