Friday 28 June 2013

Smokey Eyes (Easy Day to Night Transition)

Today's tutorial is absolutely fun and the response that I got on the sneak preview was amazing so thank you for that!I had an absolute blast while shooting for this one.Its a transition day to night look revolving around my fascination with another costume headgear .I made this for my fresher's at NIFT.

Step 1:Like always prep your lids with nyx jumbo pencil or any other white pencil that you own.It is really important so that the lighter colours show up.I even added a layer of my inglot creme concealer in the shade 'LW 200' from the freedom system palette.  


Step 2: I added a purple cream duo-chromatic eyeshadow onto the crease area with my fingers.
Using streetwear in 'Spice Girl', it is a gorgeous shade and is super cheap.The color payoff is not that great but can be built up easily .


Step 3:Next I added Pink generously to the crease area.I'm using nyx in 54cherry.


Step 4: Next I added a purple eyeshadow right below the pink.Now with a clean round eyeshadow brush i blend in the colours ensuring not bringing down the colours to the lids.I used Purple from Faces in.
With flat brush I pat down the lighter shade on to my lids,using Dusty rose from the Rosewine Pallette by Clinique.



Step 5:At this point I tight-line my eyes for making my lashes look more fuller with Amyway's attitude kohl in black,fill in my eyebrows with eyebrow duo from Faces.

Step 6: Add your favourite mascara.I used two generous coats from the Lotus herbals botanical Mascara and lined my water line with the same kohl.I did not a very harsh line ,thus smudging it with an angled brush and bringing it outwards.


Step 7: Add a shimmery eyeshadow in light colour .I used a dusty nude colour from Active pallette in a shimmer finish.


Step8:Ta-daa*Drum rolls* YOu are done.This is how I wore it during the day.




Sorry for the bad quality of the picture.Here's a comparison between both my day and night look.See how easily a colour could make all that difference.


Step 9:In the center  of my lids I start by patting black eyeshadow. I'm using  loose shadowfrom  Jordana,it is jet black and has this little specks of shimmer that are gorgeous.



It can be hard to build up on the colour since we have used a very light colour and in pearl finish,but the key is to just pat down and press the colours.


Step 10:Blend,Blend,Blend...preferably use a clean dome shaped brush.


Step 11 :To give a little definition I added a thin liner and flicked it a bit.The choice of liner if your here,you can add fake lashes or liner,just don't over do it.We want our shadows to be the star of the look.


Step 12 : I paired it up with very Pink lips.I used nyx Matte eyeshdow on my lips first and then added Faces lipstick in cotton candy.
Step13 : I wore the almost natural blush from Clinique's palette very lightly.


So moving on to the complete look I paired this glam makeup with a head gear I made for Fresher and the gloves. The pictures are meant to be oh -so sensual and blah :P
I tried my best,I just need a better background I swear :(  *Puppy face*


Talk about bad Photoshop skills and get ready to witness some!How am I tired f clicking pictures in my balcony= awry neighbors + gaudy backgrounds .So All I wanted to do is change my background into pitch black but instead ended with THIS!Oh yes I'm trying to be all mysterious and nasty LOL! 
p.s. I even made the lace gloves by cropping out my leggings :P





Ring: Blur 
Top:Boutique

I really hope you like this post.See you in my next post real soon,
XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment